Get in touch with us. We provide a free consultation.
Article provided by: Quality Garage Door Services
At Quality Garage Door Services, we provide top quality garage door parts and services. We specialize in supplying, installing, and servicing garage doors and LiftMaster garage door openers. We also offer quality and durable garage door torsion springs for Kansas City homes. No matter your garage door or door opener needs, we've got you covered.
What are the Signs Of Damaged Garage Door Torsion Springs?
It can be a little difficult to pinpoint the actual problem when your garage door stops working smoothly. It may be that the garage door torsion springs are broken. When this is the case, you can get the door operating smoothly again by merely changing the springs. However, how can you be sure that the problem is with the torsion springs? Here are some signs of damaged garage door torsion springs to watch out for:
- The garage door refuses to open at all
- The cables attached to the springs are dangling
- You heard a loud bang from the garage
- The garage door is looking crooked or off-track when opening and closing
- The top section of the garage door will be bent or misaligned
- The garage door opens up some inches and then closes
- The garage door falls faster or harshly while closing
- You check the spring and observe that it is stretched out
- You notice that there is a 2-inch gap in the torsion spring.
How Do I Choose A Garage Door Torsion Spring?
When you have a damaged garage door torsion spring, it is essential to replace it. It is also imperative that you measure the torsion spring to choose or order the right replacement. Here is a list to consider when making the right choice:
- Length – you don't have to unwind the spring to measure the length. Just measure from the first to the last coil after loosening the setscrew on the winding cone.
- Wire Size – this is simply the thickness of the wire used in the torsion spring. You can measure it by inserting the tape between the first two coils and stretching it to where the 10th and 11th coil meet. Ensure that the coils are compressed while measuring.
- Spring Wind – a left-hand wind spring will be placed on the right side of the door while a right-hand wind spring will be placed on the left. You should know whether a spring is left- or right-hand wind by observing carefully.
- Inner Diameter – this can be very difficult to measure but you can look for the markings on the side of winding cones.
In addition to the particulars mentioned above, you should also consider the weight of your garage door and the manufacturing material. It is often safer and better protection for your investment to hire a certified garage door technician to fix any garage door issue.
Contact Us Today!
Is your garage door torsion spring broken? Contact us today at Quality Garage Door Services. We are broken spring specialists known to offer quality and affordable services. Our experts will provide a fast and efficient repair or replacement to your broken garage door torsion springs in Kansas City. We provide excellent services!
Should I Replace My Garage Door Opening System?
Why replace equipment when more times than not, a repair will restore function? Our technicians can inspect your garage door opening system to look for broken and compromised parts & components, offer affordable services, and significantly reduce the likelihood that you'll have to replace your entire system. Schedule an on-site meeting with our team if your garage doors are shuddering open or close, are slamming shut, or not operating properly.
Emergency Repairs After Hours
A broken garage door is a breach in your home's security, which is why it's so important to call a repair company if you are locked out of your garage or are unable to secure your home due to broken equipment. Don't hesitate to call our company, day or night, when you need an expert working on your garage doors. We would rather dispatch a technician out to your home in the middle of the night than cause you any inconvenience.
Choose a company with a trusted reputation- one that cares deeply about your customer experience. Our focus on your budget and your needs sets us apart from all other garage door companies, and is an excellent reason to call us when you're having problems getting your garage doors to open and close correctly.
View Larger Map